Follow me on Pinterest

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Curvy Keepsake Box made with 2 papers

I apologize for not uploading this sooner! In the November 16 post, I showed a 2-toned pumpkin Curvy box in a photo but never got back to including the instructions for doing that. Before my first attempt, I searched for instructions on Youtube and such.  The ones I found had several more steps and I would have said "forget it!".  But I knew I could figure out a simple way. So.....

My instructions are below.  Even though my example is a pumpkin, try it with red or green for a Christmas Curvy box, or any number of delicious paper combinations!

You need your Big Shot, 2 coordinating papers (cardstock, DSP, etc) Curvy Keepsakes Box die.

Step 1.  Using a strip of DSP ( measures 3" x 6"), cut out the "handle" side of the box.  You will need 2 of these.

Step 2: Trim off excess areas so that your 2 pieces look like this:

Step 3:   Cut 2 full pieces from your coordinating card stock.


Step 4:    Cut off the "handle" side as shown, leaving about 3/4" flap.

Step 5:  Attach the 2 "slot" pieces to each other using Tombow Liquid Glue or Sticky Strip as shown:

Step 6:  Now add adhesive to the card stock flaps, and attach the "handle" pieces that you prepared:


Step 7:  Now it should like this with everything attached:

Step 8:  Use Bone Folder gently to get the sides to begin to curl in a bit (see full instructions  in previous post if necessary)

Step 9:  Finished!!

No comments:

Post a Comment