Follow me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Spooky Banner

Well, I got it done!  My first attempt at the Banner Simply Created Kit and it came out great!
I used the Kit and the Accessory Kit (see holiday catalog pages 30-31).
Here is is, hanging above my fireplace...

Colors: Basic Black, Summer Starfruit, Pumpkin Pie.
Helpful hints:  Don't use the spritzers that come with kit.  Save those for another day. They are very messy and not very accurate. I learned to use sponge daubers with all the stenciling steps, and it worked great!  And easy too!
I used my StazOn black ink pad for the letters as my Basic Black ink pad just didn't look dark enough (maybe it just needed re-inking).
When done using a stencil, I suggest cleaning it with a damp paper towel.  This prevents you from accidentally transferring wet ink from stencil onto your fingers or banner pieces.  To clean StazOn from the stencils, just use your StazOn cleaner and a paper towel.
I used the pieces from the accessory kit for embellishments and didn't need anything additional.  Of course you COULD do the embellishing on your own, but boy was the accessory kit quick and easy.

Banners are so popular right now - for any occasion!  Be sure to buy 1 (or more) while the Holiday Catalog is still in effect). Order online at juliebaum.stampinup.net

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment