Follow me on Pinterest

Friday, November 12, 2010

Pumpkin Pie Cake


I honestly don't know where I got this recipe.  But each time I serve it, it's a hit!  Many people like it so much, that it has taken the place of the traditional Pumpkin Pie on Thanksgiving Day.  If you like the taste of pumpkin pie, but are not crazy about the crust, this is a perfect substitute!
I did not serve it with Whipped Cream, but that might taste good too.



Pumpkin Pie Cake

1 large can pumpkin
3 eggs
1 can evaporated milk (13 oz)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp. nutmeg
1-2 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ginger
½ tsp. cloves
1 package yellow cake mix
½ cup crushed pecans (optional)
1 ½ - 2 sticks butter or margarine  (I use 1 ½ )

Mix everything together except the cake mix, butter and nuts.  Pour into a 13x9-inch pan.  Sprinkle cake mix over pumpkin mixture and pour melted butter over all.  Sprinkle nuts on top if desired.  Bake 50-60 minutes at 350°.

No comments:

Post a Comment