Follow me on Pinterest

Monday, March 30, 2015

Amazing Card in a Box!

It seems impossible that I hadn't seen these before, but they just came to my attention a couple weeks ago.  My friend and downline-demonstrator Laura Schroder has been making these and she showed me some of her samples---AMAZING!  Of course that lead to a Google and YouTube search to find out more and get some directions and dimensions.  The sites I'd like to give credit to are:  Sandi MacIver @ Stamping With Sandi,   and also Tina Weller "The Serene Stamper". I received inspiration from both tutorials and then set out to make some of my own.

I made 2 Baby Cards (not gender specific) for my 2 daughters who are both expecting.  Unfortunately I neglected to take a picture of theirs before dropping them in the mail.  I had to grab this from FB, but at least you can see it:




It is the smaller size which fits in a standard "invitation" or A-2 envelope - the size we commonly use for cards that measure 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

I also made a baby one that is for a girl, all pink and purple, since we had a new baby girl added to the family in March.



Next, I set out to make something floral, and this is what I came up with:



And because this is Easter week, I was compelled to make one with a bunny and eggs and grass! The size of this one is larger.  It ends up being a 6" x 6" "card" so I made a custom envelope with the Envelope Punch Board to accommodate it:






The last one I completed has a Birthday theme.  I really love the balloons and candles!

I haven't shown you the back yet! So you can see on this one...the tall portion in back, that does not fold down, offers a space for you to write your message to the recipient, of course I decorated that a bit too:

Well, it's time to go make some more of these beauties!  I hope to offer a class very soon. But if you have questions or comments, just let me know.
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment